Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Quick Update

Just wanted to pop in for a quick update. I have successfully completed 6 of the Christmas gifts for my family (sshhh - I made all of the kids a quilt and decided Prince Charming needed one too!) And I am almost finished with 2 more gifts for family members, they just need to be framed. I will do my best to post pics tomorrow.

I thought I would share a couple of really cute ideas from some fellow bloggers. Mine for the Making has this great tutorial up today. You really need to check out her blog!
Reindeer Poop!


What you will need:
-Reindeer Poop poem
-red glitter glue
-cute baggies
-stapler or ribbon 
-candies/treats to represent "poop"


How to make silly Reindeer Poop:
-Copy and paste the poem into a word doc
-Add a cute reindeer clip art
-Print and cut
-Add red glitter glue to the reindeer's nose and let dry
-Fill baggies with candies
-Staple or tie poem to baggy
-Give to guests, friends, neighbors, students, children, family, etc.
-Watch them giggle as they read the poem!


Reindeer Poop
I woke up with such a scare when I heard Santa call...
"Now dash away, dash away, dash away all!
I ran to the lawn and in the snowy white drifts,
those nasty reindeer had left "little gifts".
I got an old shovel and started to scoop
neat little piles of "reindeer poop".
But to throw them away, seemed such a waste,
So I saved them, thinking ~ you might like a taste!
As I finished my task, which took quite awhile,
Old Santa passed by and he quietly smiled.
And I heard him exclaim as he rose in the sky,
"Well, they're not potty trained, but at least they can fly!"


And the Happy Home Fairy did this great post yesterday, that you can read here. I think it is such a cute idea! You "plant" your mints in the evening and by morning they have "magically" grown into candy canes! And she posted a cute little tag to go with it 

There are so many awesome ideas out there! Let's get to crafting!

1 comment:

  1. You're the winner in our BIG BIRTHDAY GIVEAWAY over at Trendy Treehouse. You have 48 hours to email your information so I can get you your prizes. Or I may have to pick a new winner!

    Tara @ Trendy Treehouse
    trendytreehouse@me.com

    ReplyDelete