Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Easy Upcycled Christmas Ornaments

I have had these Mary Engelbreit calendars for quite a while now because I couldn't bear to throw away the darling artwork inside. I just knew I could figure out something to do with them. I ran across them the other day and decided to make some ornaments out of the Christmas artwork.
Supplies you will need:
     Selected artwork (from calendars, greeting cards, printed images from internet)
     Foam sheet
     Pencil
     Scissors
     Hole punch
     Mounting squares (or other adhesive you would like to use)
  
First, decide on the artwork you want to use. Trace it on the foam board with your pencil. Cut out with your scissors. This was my first time to work with foam sheet, gasp, and I love it. It is sooo easy to cut.


Next, take your mounting squares and place one in each corner of the foam sheet you just cut out. Place your artwork on top and press down to secure. Place a hole in the top center of your ornament with your hole punch. Tie ribbon to make a loop to hang. And then you're done!

A great way to show off the beautiful artwork from calendars and greeting cards!


No comments:

Post a Comment